Sr Technical Project Manager (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 744529BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
Job Summary:The Sr. Project Manager performs the role of technical project manager and scrum master across one or more Studio Technology project teams and is a strong contributor to the evolution of the project management capabilities. The Sr. Project Manager improves the delivery of solutions and leverages project management knowledge across the Studio Technology organization. The Sr. Project Manager will lead project team(s) consisting of product managers, business analysts, software engineers, and QA testers across multiple projects. The Sr. Project Manager will work closely with the Product Manager and Solutions Delivery Manager to understand and manage project requirements, scope, timelines and budget, while communicating project status to stakeholders and management.
- Responsible for on-time, in-scope and in-budget delivery of large scale projects and leading multiple project teams
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project including scope, schedule, resources
- Perform in the role of a scrum master across one or more project teams
- Conduct daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demo and sprint retrospectives
- Work with the product development team to understand and manage project requirements, scope, timelines and budget
- Provide clear reporting of project status across all projects via executive dashboards that include: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, issue identification, and resource management
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders and management
- Create and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify and communicates resource constraints and potential priority conflicts to assist the organization in evaluating and reprioritizing deadlines
- Apply Disney project management methodology and enforces project standards which enable the team to meet targets
- Prepare for project reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manage project budget
- Assist in evaluation of application development vendors, as required
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and/or trends in technology for the entertainment industry
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility in project leadership delivering both small and large scale applications
- Experience as a project manager using an iterative project methodology (Agile, Scrum, etc.) with a demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Proven track record in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple, high-visibility, large-scale technology projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and consultants.
- Knowledgeable in project management methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality deliverables
- Genuine interest and pride in mentoring junior staff
- Proactive and possess a hands-on, collaborative working style
- Action oriented with high standard for quality and performance
- Creative problem solver
- Experience managing several projects concurrently and managing project portfolio
- Demonstrated experience using scheduling, budgeting and collaboration tools within the project management discipline
- Excellent abilities in public communications and consensus building
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to management
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Bachelor degree required; Technical degree is a plus
- Prior experience working as a Technical Project Manager in Media, Entertainment, or Technology industries is preferred
- CSM certification is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Studios, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.