Sr Technology Events & Comm Specialist
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 714316BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 30/10/2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings. From movie concept to film production, and global premieres to direct to consumer mobile applications, Studio Technology innovates and delivers solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
We are looking for a Technology Events & Communications Sr Specialist to join our team and to lead technology communications and events initiatives within the TIG/StudioLAB program. This person will be part of a highly creative advanced technology team which is tasked with discovering and shepherding innovation within all forms of cinematic content generation and exhibition.
The Technology Events & Communications Sr Specialist will be responsible for the organization, design, delivery and execution of strategic communications programs and annual events for TIG and StudioLAB, as well as ensuring the coordination and communication of the events and related services. This includes development of assets for communications objectives, annual on-site and off-site events (e.g TIG: Best of CES and StudioLAB at Sundance), private creative “fireside chats”, PR events, digital brand initiatives, maintenance of an internal events and digital media website, a newsletter, regular mailouts and an annual wrap-up, oversee editorial calendar and tech writer plus more Events- and Experiences-related requirements as they emerge.
The ideal candidate will have excellent event organization and management skills, and will bring experience and methods to the role that will help a thinly-stretched team execute around these requirements flawlessly. They will have top notch communication skills, an eye for detail and a determination to avoid oversight or mishaps, and reliable budgeting skills.
They will also be able to work fantastically well across complex cross-functional teams and business units. An ability to be flexible and communicate in a dynamic and extremely fast-paced environment to meet the needs of our business are critical to success, while the ability to maintain an even keel and a sense of humour at all times will be prized.
- Be the key contact for TIG/StudioLAB Communications and Events management.
- Shape and manage the Communications program and the organization of delivering daily and weekly status updates.
- Work with leadership to manage the production and design of Communication packages related to Events, including presentations, videos, marketing materials, communications, and more.
- Manage budgets, schedules, and deliverables to execute flawlessly.
- As needed, onboard and manage contractors or vendors on projects, including tracking necessary paperwork.
- Ability to build and deliver a status presentation to senior management, with calm confidence.
- Manage a writer to ensure editorial content is strategic, on brand and on time with a targeted goal of growing the website presence.
- Design and implement communications initiatives to build and strengthen the internal brand.
- Experience/skill with Keynote, Google Slides, WordPress and basic (from template) graphic design capability.
- 5+ years of experience as an events or communications manager or equivalent, ideally within a large-scale corporation
- Ability to travel for business
- Experience in media-related event and experience management and execution as well as branding is required. A broad understanding of the technologies being covered in the events - VR/AR/xR, virtual production, rendering, computer graphics, animation, realtime production, videogame production and video production - is required.
- Experience within software or hardware technology or other engineering-related events will be a bonus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.