Sr UX Designer
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765516BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 16, 2020
Job Summary:DTCI Design is the unified design team for all customer-facing experiences and supporting tools in the Direct-to-Consumer & International Technology organization. We design and deliver user experience solutions across mobile, tablet, web, and TV for all projects shipped by DTCI Technology. We are a multi-disciplinary design team. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with User Researchers, UX Engineers, Visual Designers, Production Designers, and Motion Designers to create innovative products that people love to use.
Our products cover many flagship brands of the Walt Disney Company, including ESPN, ESPN Fantasy, ABC, FX, Freeform, National Geographic, ABC News, DisneyNOW, Disney.com, Starwars.com, Marvel, FiveThirtyEight, and many more.
As a Senior UX Designer at Disney, you are a creative problem solver who looks to collaborate inclusively throughout your design process. To us, team fit and attitude are as important as hard design skills.
We expect our senior designers to work on multiple projects, both from the ground up and optimizing existing solutions, with in-depth knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include coordinate requirements with stakeholders, rapidly developing solutions, defining information architectures, creating wireframes, building user flows, collaborating with design team members, and presenting your work to executives and partners.
Our design team’s culture is essential to us. You will also mentor more junior UX Designers while partnering with all Designers on the team to increase overall quality in our products, our design system, and our ecosystem.
- Creating UX and Interaction assets for any product in our portfolio and across our ecosystem
- Mentoring other design team members in UX Design
- Presenting to partners, executives, and sponsors
- Qualified candidates must have at least 5 years or relevant experience in Design or related field with a minimum 3 years of experience designing high-quality wireframes, IAs, user flows, user stories, and related UX/Interaction assets
- Expert understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
- Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, work well with others, team player
- Strong storytelling skills
- Ability to design within brand guides and contribute to design language workstreams
- All applicants are required to supply a portfolio that demonstrates their end-to-end product design thinking
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design
- Experience with TV UI (Roku, AppleTV, FireTV, AndroidTV, PlayStation, Xbox)
- Experience with Sketch, Abstract, Figma, and other design tools
- Experience working on a product team for a technology company or digital media firm
- Familiarity with the Disney brands and content
- Ability to direct prototypes for user testing
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.