Sr. UX EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10013331 Location Burbank, California, United States / United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Design at Disney is at the forefront of creating intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that our fans love and crave. We strive to design high-quality end-to-end experiences while maintaining an inclusive and collaborative culture. To us, team-fit and attitude are as important as hard design skills.
We are the storytellers responsible for adding “something special” to our consumers’ experience every day through exciting design, artwork, branding and UX globally. We are responsible for driving the product design, user experiences, creative direction, production design, motion design, service design, UX copywriting, UX research and UX engineering. It is our job to create a framework that delivers consistent, creative and innovative user experiences for people – whether they are using Disney’s consumer-facing products, or the platforms, products and tools that help power our business. Crucially, how we do that work must be both imaginative and efficient, allowing us to also free our team devote energy to using design to drive innovation.
A User Experience Engineer at Disney is a creative problem solver who looks to collaborate with the Design and Technology teams to create high-fidelity prototypes, proofs-of-concept, and MVPs for web, mobile, and OTT. We expect UX Engineers to work on multiple prototypes simultaneously, both from the ground up and optimizing existing solutions, with in-depth knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies.
The Senior UX Engineer plays a critical role on a cross-functional team tasked with creating a career-centered, educational platform that facilitates engagement with DMED’s diversity, equity and inclusion resources throughout employee lifecycle. This is a high impact opportunity to design and build web-based user interfaces for creative storytelling and media creation in partnership with our Design and Technology teams.
The Walt Disney Company strives to get things done quickly, and at high quality. We’re looking for a collaborative technologist who seeks to bring out best in themselves and those around them. A passionate, impactful, experienced technical contributor who is eager to lead, wants to come here to do their very best work, make their mark, and add their chapter to The Walt Disney Company story.
Position is open to remote candidates based in the US.
- Design and develop high fidelity prototypes for mobile responsive web applications
- Execute artistic design and layout solutions
- Leverage or develop icon sets, color schemes and visual design where needed
- Work with design and technical partners to assess needs and advise on solutions
- Provide design knowledge and technical expertise across the proof-of-concept lifecycle
- Identify and execute opportunities for end-user testing and feedback in partnership with UX Research
- Present prototype progress and ideas to partners and stakeholders
- Contribute to production front-end applications as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experiences
- Experience crafting high quality experiences for web
- Expert understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
- Expert understanding of adaptive, responsive, and fluid UI layout concepts
- Expert in knowledge in UI Development best practices
- Experience with UI motion and animation best practices
- Strong interest in and aptitude for learning the new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the Design and Technology crafts
- Have the ability to collaborate with a diverse set of partners
- Knowledge and experience working with design tools including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe CS
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent training or work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.