Sr. UX Engineer
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 712883BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 22/10/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company Direct-to-Consumer & International UX Engineering group is a collection of front-end software developers with a UX, or similar, creative background and area of passion.UX Engineering focuses on building high fidelity prototypes using the latest software develop frameworks and languages for user testing, pitching, product discovery, and research. In addition to prototype creation, they assist partner teams by providing technical expertise and debugging assistance when needed.
As a Senior UX Engineer with DTCI Design, you will collaborate with the Design and Technology teams to create high fidelity prototypes for our digital products using native programming languages.
In this cross-platform position you will contribute to our industry-leading apps for mobile and OTT, as well as web, emerging platforms, and R&D projects.
Our ideal candidate comes with a highly creative background while possessing in depth software development expertise.In addition, they should be eager to learn the latest development languages, technologies, and frameworks.They should keep up with the latest trends in design and UI engineering.
The day-to-day responsibilities include working closely with the product and design teams creating prototypes, giving technical advice to designers, assisting production engineering with challenging UI problems, and presenting work to executives and other stakeholders.
Team and culture fit are as important to us as the other required technical skills.
- Leads high fidelity prototyping projects while leveraging modern industry best practices and emerging tech trends.
- Architect, design, and maintain reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on high fidelity prototyping.
- Advising Product, Design, and UX Teams with technical expertise
- Assisting Production Teams with refining, debugging, and reviewing production deliverable code
- Minimum of 6 years of front-end/UI development and design experience
- Strong experience with Swift and UIKit development for iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS
- Experience working with Sketch, Photoshop, and other related format files
- Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, works well with others, team player
- Develops and submits innovative, imaginative and original design ideas in brainstorms for product enhancement and development
- Passionate about interaction design and UI
- Thrives while working with a wide variety of products and brands
- Interprets product and design requirements for high fidelity prototypes, while anticipating, observing and negotiating assigned project constraints (e.g. timing, resources)
- Self manages projects to ensure timely delivery of designs and concepts and meet release dates
- Applies accessibility best practices to all web or native platforms they work on
- Tenacious problem-solving skills
- Able to work on multiple projects, sometimes in different programming languages, simultaneously
- Able to learn the new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry
- Expert in adaptive, responsive, and fluid UI layout concepts
- Can display a high-level expertise in UI Development best practices and solutions
- Expert at UI motion and animation best practices
- Fosters collaborative relationships with other teams by building bridges between Production Engineering and Design
- Provides feedback for peers in code reviews and team meetings
- Expert in ReactJS Framework for frontend web development
- Experience with Unity3d development
- Experience with Android SDK and Android development
- Interested in helping mentor junior peers and interns
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Computer Science, Interactive Design, UX Engineering or comparable experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.