Business Architect - Lead Business Analyst
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 702479BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 08/10/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The role is a part of the Data Solutions & Architecture group that falls under the Enterprise Business Systems organization, within Enterprise Technology. We are responsible for architecting, developing and managing the data platforms, data integrations and reporting and analytics solutions for The Walt Disney Company’s enterprise business data. We are experts at architecting and building highly-scalable and innovative data and analytics solutions that help enable the analytics and reporting strategies of the business groups across the company.
The Data Business Architect role is a senior technology role in the Data Architecture & Solutions group with expertise in business architecture and an in-depth understanding of data systems, analytics and BI.
- Be the main liaison with senior business partners and stakeholders across the company for data systems, BI & analytics solutions, and other data-related projects.
- Have a deep understanding of the business domain and the business strategies and objectives.
- Partner with business stakeholders to define roadmap, strategies and project requirements.
- Develop functional and technical specifications necessary to allow technical delivery teams to implement solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and technical delivery teams to design solutions and execute on solution delivery.
- Develop business cases and create business case documentation in support of the project funding and approval process.
- Work within a defined Business Architecture framework in collaboration with other Business Architects as part of a Business Architecture Community of Practice.
- Be well versed in new and emerging technologies, and have an understanding of how these could be applied.
- Lead transformation in business technology platforms.
- 5 years in a business architecture and business partnering role in a corporate environment of similar size/complexity.
- 5 years domain experience working with data, analytics and BI reporting.
- 5 years applicable business domain experience.
- Strong understanding of Business Architecture principles.
- Excellent communications skills and skills managing relationships and engagement with business stakeholders up to senior and executive levels.
- Previous experience managing business stakeholders.
- Proven track record of project delivery, and experience as a working technologist who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and cross functional teams.
- Strong experience working with data, analytics and BI.
- Strong business orientation and business domain experience combined with strong IT technical skills.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.