Staff Coordinator, VFXApply NowApply Later Job ID 776978BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 16, 2021
The Staff Coordinator, VFX position reports to VP, VFX. Responsibilities include screening incoming calls, managing the calendar, meetings, extensive travel arrangements, expense reports, organizing, and handling reroute requests for the VP, VFX. A successful candidate must have prior experience in film production and VFX.
- Evaluate weekly Production Status Reports and perform comparative analyses of key shots and turnover/delivery dates with contracted information.
- Liaise between VFX Producer, studio executives, vendors, and attorneys to draft contracts for vendors and key VFX personnel. This includes gathering and reviewing all materials (bids, turnover and payment schedules), and comparing contract language to previous contracts.
- Manage and maintain the VFX Database of Supervisors, Producers, Vendors, and other key VFX crew worldwide (source: current resumes, vendor reels, e-mail correspondences, daily trade papers, and internet research).
- Manage and track digital submissions to and from vendor during post-production.
- Coordinate between studio, filmmakers, and vendors to arrange VFX reviews for select shows.
- Take notes at reviews, distribute notes to appropriate vendors, track shot progress and ensure we stay on schedule for final delivery (for assigned films of VP, VFX)
- Manage VFX shared folders for assigned films, updates film files with appropriate updated reports and lists as well as change orders.
- Updates master production calendar for assigned films of VP, VFX involving updates on turnover, shooting and final delivery dates from vendors.
- Special projects as assigned requiring analysis and reporting of work processed thru executive’s projects.
- Acts as back up to department coordinator when needed to handle routing of purchase orders, invoices for approval or other assignments as directed.
- Experienced in managing heavy volume desk.
- Experienced working in film production and Visual Effects (VFX)
- File Maker Pro knowledge strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with customer service orientation and tone.
- Handles incoming calls from vendors as needed; coordinates administrative projects as directed.
- Available to work late evenings as needed.
- Knowledge of SAP procedure to pay helpful.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.