Already applied?View Dashboard
Staff CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 500052BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 11/08/2017
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.Apply Now
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include screening incoming calls, managing the calendar, meetings, extensive travel arrangements, expense reports, organizing, and handling reroute requests for the SVP, VFX and Production and the SVP, Post Production.
- Evaluate weekly Production Status Reports and perform comparative analyses of key shots and turnover/delivery dates with contracted information.
- Liaise between VFX Producer, studio executives, vendors, and attorneys to draft contracts for vendors and key VFX personnel. This includes gathering and reviewing all materials (bids, turnover and payment schedules), and comparing contract language to previous contracts.
- Manage and maintain the VFX Database of Supervisors, Producers, Vendors, and other key VFX crew worldwide (source: current resumes, vendor reels, e-mail correspondences, daily trade papers, and internet research).
- Manage and track digital submissions to and from vendor during post-production.
- Coordinate between studio, filmmakers, and vendors to arrange VFX reviews for select shows.
- Take notes at reviews, distribute notes to appropriate vendors, track shot progress and ensure we stay on schedule for final delivery (for assigned films of SVP, VFX, Production)
- Manage VFX shared folders for assigned films, updates film files with appropriate updated reports and lists as well as change orders.
- Updates master production calendar for assigned films of SVP, VFX, Production involving updates on turnover, shooting and final delivery dates from vendors.
- Special projects as assigned requiring analysis and reporting of work processed thru senior executive’s projects.
- Acts as back up to department coordinator when needed to handle routing of purchase orders, invoices for approval or other assignments as directed.
- Experienced in managing heavy volume desk.
- Experienced working in film production and Visual Effects (VFX)
- File Maker Pro knowledge strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with customer service orientation and tone.
- Handles incoming calls from vendors as needed; coordinates administrative projects as directed.
- Available to work late evenings as needed.
- Knowledge of SAP procedure to pay helpful
- Successful candidate must have prior experience in film production and VFX