Staff Network EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 426275BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 03/29/2018
Job Summary:From movie concept to film production, global premiere to direct to consumer mobile applications, you will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We're looking for a highly seasoned cloud savvy Network Engineer to join our Studio Production Technology Group. The ideal person must possess a broad view of both Information and Media technologies in order to successfully implement and support the next generation of network infrastructure and workflow applications designed to support file-based feature film production, post-production and distribution.
We want passionate engineers who are intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, network automation tools and very comfortable operating in lean, agile, self-sufficient teams. We value a cloud first approach where we develop solutions that allow automation to always do the work. You will be apart of the team that provides networking solutions to various Disney Studios engineering teams and build relationships with multiple external vendors.
- Design and implement network systems at scale to support the transformation and growth of the Digital Studio
- Assure readily available and secured third party communications.
- Ensure reliable operation of systems and infrastructure software by designing and implementing network, instrumentation and management tools in order to predict, quickly diagnose and resolve abnormal network behavior.
- Secure and report on all network subsystems.
- Manage key network vendors and partners, both internal and external
- Interface with other Disney entities and their networks to support cross-segment workflows, file transport and other sharing of media assets, devices and infrastructure.
- Liaison between critical production engineering groups
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies
- Develop technology standards and network deployment templates
- Provide mentorship to Junior Engineers
- Minimum of 7 years in the engineering and operations of network technologies
- Strong knowledge with MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, OSPF, RSVP-TE, LDP, VPLS, MPLS L3VPNs, EVPNs
- Experience of JunOS, IOS, Aruba OS, ACOS and PAN-OS
- Experience with Network Virtualization
- Strong engineering practices (documentation and procedures)
- Experience with Network Security best practices
- Experience with JunOS Space
- Working knowledge of CWDM, DWDM and optical networking technologies
- Experience working with load balancing platforms, including A10, Citrix, and F5 Networks
- Hands-on experience with security infrastructure and infrastructure services, including 802.1X, NAC, cryptography, IPSEC, deep-inspection firewalls, intrusion and threat protection platforms, AAA, RADIUS, DNS, NTP, monitoring, and logging
- Excellent customer service skills
- Actionable knowledge of developing and automating with PHP, Terraform, Python, Ansible and Perl, API’s
- Experience with cloud networking infrastructure technologies, including MPLS over GRE, VXLAN, SDN, NFV, SD-WAN, OpenFlow and working with API-driven infrastructure
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack and Docker
- Working knowledge of supporting and managing Linux systems
- Networked storage technologies, including SMB/CIFS, NFS, GPFS, and object store
- High-performance I/O technologies, including fiber channel and Infiniband
- Experience with Agile and Scrum principles and practices
- Knowledge of the film making process, from pre-production through distribution
- BS in Computer Science, Distributed Systems or Electric Engineering
- Professional industry certifications (e.g. JNCIP/JNCIE, CCNP/CCIE)
Additional Information:This position is with the legal entity Disney Worldwide Services
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.