Already applied?View Dashboard
Staff Security EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 652752BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 28, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios is comprised of large team of creative professionals who produce, manage, and distribute live-action and animated motion pictures that tell memorable, life changing stories. Few media and entertainment companies can rival the
brands we have the honor of bringing to the world.
As part of the Studio Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry.
The security engineering professional at the Studio brings expertise and innovation to design, implement and maintain solutions and technologies that address cyber security challenges and opportunities. This might include threat-based engineering, new architectures, tools, and training.
The Staff Security Engineer will prototype, perform product evaluations, and develop test plans for systems and networks. This includes performing research and development of unique, cutting edge technical capabilities for understanding, assessing, and analyzing cyber technologies.
- Facilitates vulnerability management program across various systems, network, and production engineering groups
- Evaluate, design and deploy system scanning and penetration testing solutions
- Evaluate, design and deploy encryption technologies, processes and procedures
- Ensure systems are designed in accordance with and are aligned with Disney security requirements; includes architecture assessments, secure development training, and conducting RTOs
- Partner with the Studio Information Security and Content Protection team to develop technical monitoring, assessment and response solutions
- Prepare, review, and present reports (e.g., penetration test results, incident response metrics, forensics, network monitoring metrics), position papers, assessment recaps to team (peers) and next level of leadership within team
- Executes advanced risk and threat analysis activities, leveraging learnings from external and internal cyber trends and incidents
- Build and deliver services, solutions and processes that enable security defects to found, fixed or avoided before applications are released to production
- 7 years experience with 3 or more areas including: public cloud, private cloud, secure application development, virtual network big data, elastic compute, cloud security
- 5 years of practical cloud information security experience or equivalent
- Experience in information management and information technology security design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with security event logs from Windows, Unix, intrusion detection systems, network, and remote access solutions
- Experience with both commercial and open source tools such as Kali, burp, nmap, Nessus, Aquasec, sqlmap, metasploit, meterpreter, kismet, fiddler, wireshark, and Aircrack-ng
- Experience managing IDS / IPS / firewall systems in distributed/hybrid cloud environment
- Demonstrated experience in creating conceptual, logical and physical security diagrams, thorough understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Information Security technology/compliance experience
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP and related communication protocols, Windows authentication mechanisms (Kerberos, NTLM, AD), networking technologies, software defined computing, containerization, routing and switching, big data, elastic compute, and risk analysis and risk management methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, results driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including reporting
- Knowledge of API design
- Knowledge of Directories such as Active Directory & Virtual Directory, Federation & other authentication/authorization technologies
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or Swift)
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish credibility and working relationships with a wide range of personnel, including operations, management and legal staff
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing large sets of data
- Demonstrated experience using various log sources, as well as internal and external threat intelligence, to identify emerging threats
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Conceptual knowledge of reverse malware processes and tools
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud providers and cloud security best practices
- Conceptual knowledge of SIEM solutions such as Splunk and QRadar
- Two or more senior Information Security and cloud certifications: CISSP, CCSP, AWS Certified Public Cloud Architect, MCSE cloud, VMWare VCP6 cloud, EMCCA cloud computing Architect or GIAC)
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Security related field or equivalent work experience testing information systems.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.