Staff Security Specialist
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 727517BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 02/12/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
Disney Enterprise Technology is responsible for technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for TWDC. In addition to supporting the digital products of the company, DET also provides back-of-house services for the company, from the network layer on up. This includes providing a comprehensive set of technologies (Workforce Technology) to support the day-to-day productivity and collaboration of the workforce, not just to deliver products and experiences, but also to build a culture of sharing and innovation across business segments, time zones, and countries contributing to a more productive, engaged, and creative workforce.
As an internal Disney service provider, Enterprise Technology is focused on three key priorities:
- Delivering employee-centric business technology tools which empower cast and employee creativity and productivity
- Delivering services to the TWDC-wide technology community which are market competitive and secure, enabling greater productivity and faster business segment results
- Actively collaborating with business leadership in exploiting technology to drive business results.
Workplace Services (WPS) team defines architectural strategy, performs solution engineering, provides end to end service management and Premier Services for products and services within the WE portfolio. As part of these efforts, WE/WPS partners closely with Global Information Security (GIS) to more effectively understand, plan and comply with TWDC Information Security, Compliance, Data Privacy and Data Retention policies. In addition, act as policy lobbyists on behalf of WE/WPS by proactively inserting themselves into policy change proceedings in partnership with GIS and Executive leadership, in order to influence strategic direction and clearly articulate business challenges. WE/WPS work closely with Management Audit to perform annual audits of critical platforms in support of leadership objectives.
Responsibilities:The Staff Security Specialist leads and manages all Workplace Services and the greater Workforce Enablement organization-wide security and data governance activities and is responsible for guiding service and application teams to improve the quality and better manage the protection of products and services including sensitive data and information assets. This role focuses on ensuring adherence to TWDC’s Information Security Policy and Standards across the Workplace Services portfolio and also the greater Workforce Enablement (WE) organization, in order to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
The Staff Security Specialist serves as the leader of all Workplace Services audit activities and works as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and consults with product/service owners and application owners during compliance activities. This role will work closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of products & services including core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the department. All activities within this space should be performed in close partnership with the WPS leadership team, the greater WE Leadership Team and our GIS Partners.
The Staff Security Specialist role will take full responsibility for all security governance activities within the Microsoft Suite of products within TWDC, which impacts every TWDC end user. Above and beyond the standard efforts within the current portfolio, this will include ongoing oversight of MS security postures, knowledge of Microsoft’s Security Roadmap, assurance of compliance with GDPR and Data Loss Prevention, as well as future/upcoming compliance and regulatory efforts. This role will play a key part in the implementation and rollout of Multi-Factor Authentication across the MS platform for TWDC. Additionally, as TWDC moves towards a more standardized mechanism for directory Management, this leader will need to take a key role in ensuring that TWDC and Supplier delivery teams are cognizant of current regulatory and compliance needs and activities, as well as integration with other Technology and Business teams.
- 10+ years in Information Technology required; service ownership roles preferred.
- 6+ years in Large Enterprise technology settings required; service ownership roles preferred.
- 4+ years of enterprise systems architecture design, implementation, support
- 4+ years managing information security and compliance standards and practices of enterprise systems.
- 4+ years’ operating in a managed services delivery, or professional services environment, with a strong focus on value-driven service consumerization.
- 2+ years managing systems global data privacy regulations (EU GDPR, etc), and PCI
- 2+ years’ experience developing and successfully delivering strategy, along with detailed documentation – roadmaps, journey maps, analysis, product plans, solution evaluations
- In previous roles, the right candidate has extensive hands-on experience in a wide variety of technology concepts and products, including but not limited to:
- Security (Pen testing, Audits, SOC reports, SSAEs)
- IP Networking (Routers, Firewalls, Multicasting)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS)
- Hosting Providers (AWS, Google Compute, MS Azure)
- Apps and Platforms (O365 / M365, 2FA – Okta, Azure MFA, Citrix, SCCM, Jamf, Active Directory, GSuite)
- Must be organized
- Must thrive in complex and ambiguous environments
- Can lead diverse group, across a matrixed organization
- BS or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.