Staff Security Specialist
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 747852BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 28, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Staff Security Specialist is a technical leader, passionate about security. We are looking for a practitioner who will help drive adoption of security best practices, work closely with Management, other security staff members, the Security Operations Center (SOC), Incident Response (IR) team and other internal organizations. Serve as the subject matter expert for SIEM-related activities covering both traditional and virtual environments.
Responsibilities:In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
- Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
- Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
- Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
- Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise 7.x or higher. Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security 5.x
- Extensive experience working with major cloud environments (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP) at least one. (pref:AWS)
- Provide security expertise and technical leadership while collaborating with security specialists, program managers, developers and all levels of management to execute on strategic and tactical goals
- Modify/Optimize existing code base (i.e. bash/Python)
- Integrate systems management automation to improve workflows (i.e. Terraform, Chef, Ansible) at least one
- 3 years technical leadership experience in large global organizations
- 7-10 years security operations experience in large global organizations
- 5-7 years SIEM operations
- Thorough knowledge of SIEM architecture and operations. Knowledge of information security components, principles, practices, and procedures
- Proven experience in web application, infrastructure, and internet security along with a general understanding of common operating systems, networking protocols, database, and application development
- Grow capabilities through architecting integrations of various security tools and data sources
- An escalation point for other security engineers and analysts, provide guidance and mentoring
- Assist with the creation and/or maintenance of operational security metrics via the most efficient method (i.e. dashboards, reports)
- Responsible to help drive the security-related data collection methodologies across the enterprise
- Be proactive in tracking information security trends, standards, and practices to identify needs for enhancing or developing security solutions
- Identify security considerations for design and deployment of new applications, technologies, and solutions across the enterprise
- Assist with financial planning for security projects, maintenance, and some cost analysis including cloud
- Ability to present technical information to executives in a non-technical manner
- Promote awareness of applicable security policies and standards
- Create data models, normalization of data
- Develop data visualizations in support monitoring and reporting efforts
- Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
- Recommend innovative solutions for management and key stakeholders
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior team members
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Knowledge of both private and public virtualization environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, etc.)
- Experience with scripting (e.g. Python or bash) and automation (e.g. Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation)
- BA/BS in business or computer science or appropriate work experience
- Masters or other advanced degree
- One of the following general certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.