Standards & Practices ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 930512BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 18, 2022
- Review and issue detailed notes on story concepts, rough cuts, final cuts, and all other creative material for original content
- In addition to reviewing content intended for streaming distribution, assignments will also include programming review for broadcast, live shows, linear networks, and other methods of distribution
- Work with content creators on all stages of series projects including concept review, risk management assessments, contestant vetting, production issues, review and application of contest rules, and screening of program cuts
- Perform risk assessments for unscripted programs, review and advise on contest rules, and ensure fairness and integrity of competitions
- Set visits on various unscripted/competition/game shows, live specials, table reads and tapings
- Interact with production, creative, sales, legal, public relations and corporate executives
- Interact with third party production company executives, administrative and creative staff
- Successfully operate a broadcast delay mechanism for live programming
- This position requires the candidate to work on location at times, and to work occasional nights/weekends
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in Standards and Practices or similar professional role with demonstrated attention to detail and interaction with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter with critical thinking skills, able to work a flexible schedule in accordance with production needs
- Any experience in standards and practices and/or a television production environment
- Passion for television and the process associated with creating entertainment content
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree and/or law degree is helpful but not required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.