Standards & Practices ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 985274BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This position will require prior S&P experience and expertise. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to interface effectively with staff and communicate the needs of the department and the Company to outside parties. Outstanding, proven interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to deal effectively with various personalities in a high potentially stress environment are paramount.
- Read, review and determine acceptability of all written programming materials. Issues notes for all content that may include excessive violence, unacceptable language, imitable behavior, commercial product placement and graphic visuals that might be unacceptable for streaming.
- Screens and gives notes/written approval on rough cuts and final cuts.
- Screens bonus material from theatrical releases to assign V-Chip parental ratings.
- Review foreign language produced programming (with English subtitles) to note any problematic material and assign appropriate V-Chip rating.
- Assigns an appropriate V-Chip rating to all programs reviewed.
- Maintains positive working relationship with all parties involved in creating and producing programming that is acceptable for Disney+.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years with Standards or Clearance experience is preferred.
- Experience within a corporate environment is strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency required, including experience in PC environment and Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be a team player and collaborator, able to prioritize, work efficiently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess ability to handle difficult situations or people interactions diplomatically.
- The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects including profanity, sexual scenes, etc. that appears in programming submitted for review.
- Bachelors Degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.