Standards & Practices Review SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 771410BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 29, 2020
- Reviewing and issuing detailed notes on scripts for dramas, comedies, promos, non-scripted programming packages and background material and other relevant data and material.
- Reviewing and issuing detailed notes on Rough and Final Cuts of all programming and promotional material for air and other platforms including digital platforms.
- Interacting with Producers, network creatives, sales and related executives; production company executives, and production administrative and creative staff.
- This position requires the candidate to operate on location/set and to successfully to operate a broadcast delay mechanism for live programming.
- Preparing, reviewing, organizing and filing various risk assessment materials.
- Set visits on various reality shows, game shows, specials and late-night programs.
- Operating the delay function.
- Internal Relationships: Interacting with Creative Executives, Sales Executives, ABC Attorneys and BS&P Executives.
- External Relationships: Interacting with Executive Producers, Producers, Directors, Stage Managers, Development Executives, Production Attorneys, and various Production and Casting staff.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a role that demonstrates exceptional writing ability, attention to detail, and interaction with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with critical thinking skills, able to work a flexible schedule in accordance with production needs, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Any experience in broadcast standards and practices and/or a television production environment.
- Passion for television and the process associated with producing programs for television and streaming.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree and/or Law degree is helpful but not required.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.