Stereoscopic Layout ArtistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 739012BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 16, 2020
- Work directly with Stereo Supervisor, Layout Supervisor, Director of Look and Lighting and Directors to create immersive and comfortable 3D images in support of the story.
- Stereo Layout Duties
- Add stereo camera rigs to CG layout animatics.
- Configure and animate the stereoscopic parameters of our custom CG stereo camera rig in order to achieve the creative and technical goals for each shot.
- Set and animate the stereo floating windows to minimize edge violations and meet desired placement of the proscenium.
- Stereo Layout Finaling Duties
- Adapt the stereoscopic parameters to account for final animated performances and camera changes.
- Generate test renders to validate stereo setups.
- Stereo Final Color Duties
- Correct stereo artifacts introduced in the lighting and compositing of shots.
- Make creative adjustments to final images to enhance for the stereoscopic version of the film.
- Use compositing based depth sculpting techniques to add dimension to 2D elements such as matte paintings and enhance or modify the depth of 3D elements.
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Film, Illustration, Computer Graphics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience desired
- Exceptional artistic and technical skills
- Excellent Stereoscopic vision
- Previous production experience on Stereoscopic feature films; Stereoscopic Layout experience preferred
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate closely with others within the department and other departments
- Solid understanding of the Stereoscopic principles
- Knowledge of rendering and compositing
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Solid understanding of Maya and Nuke
- Comfort with Linux environments
- Experience in Layout a plus
- Experience in Lighting a plus
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.