Stereoscopic Layout ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10068522 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Oct. 25, 2023
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We are currently seeking Stereoscopic Layout Artists to join our Burbank, CA studio.
Our Stereo Artists are challenged to create the most immersive and exciting stereo shots for our newest stories in production. Our ideal candidate has a phenomenal sense of 3D cinematography and has a passion for visual storytelling.
Work directly with Stereo Supervisor and peers to build immersive and comfortable 3D images in support of the story.
Stereo Layout Duties:
- Add stereo camera rigs to CG layout animatics. Configure and animate the stereoscopic parameters of our custom CG stereo camera rig in order to achieve the creative and technical goals for each shot.
- Set and animate the stereo floating windows to minimize edge violations and meet desired placement of the proscenium.
Stereo Layout Finaling Duties:
- Adapt the stereoscopic camera parameters to account for final animated performances and layout camera changes.
- Generate test renders to validate stereo setups.
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Film, Illustration, Computer Graphics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience desired.
- Excellent Stereoscopic vision.
- Proven understanding of the Stereoscopic principles.
- Previous production experience on Stereoscopic feature films; Stereoscopic Layout experience preferred.
- Outstanding artistic and technical skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate closely with others within the department and other departments.
- Knowledge of rendering and compositing.
- Solid understanding of Maya and Nuke.
- Experience in Houdini is a plus.
- Comfort with Linux environments.
- Experience in Layout is a plus.
- Experience in Lighting a plus.
Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
The pay rate for this role in Burbank is $56.38 - $62.02 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Disney Animation continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to our 62nd animated feature, Wish, releasing November 2023. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Encanto.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.