Storage Engineer (PH)Apply Now Job ID 399027BR Location Burbank, California, United States Job Posting Company Marvel Job Posting Area Marvel Date posted 12/27/2016
The Storage Engineer will create, configure, and maintain centralized storage systems used for key production workflows. Responsibilities will include design and deployment of work-in-progress storage systems for production and post-production pipelines, long-term archival storage platforms for raw film assets, backup and asset archive management, and development of a proper media asset lifecycle plan to maximize asset availability, while over time driving down the expense of maintaining media assets and storage systems.
Responsibilities To Include, But Not Limited To
• Engineer, implement, and support storage solutions
• Document engineering solutions so that services are delivered in an effective and efficient
• Provide engineering and problem resolution support for critical issues
• Implement and support infrastructure to deliver systems and services with high availability and
• Manage and coordinate work with other IT groups to deliver systems and services
• Understand and wide variety of systems and how they interact to provide a complete service to the
customers and meet business needs.
• Manage multiple projects, balance, and prioritize work.
• Work with architects and management to engineer enhancements and optimize systems
• Being involved in the design and implementation of the storage strategy
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
• Work under general direction from IT management
• Domestic and International Travel approximately 20%
• Provide exceptional customer service to production and corporate end users
- 5+ years of prior similar duties and experience with SAN and NAS technologies
- Experience with management and administration of complex and heterogeneous environment.
- Strong knowledge of at least one Enterprise Storage Array such as Isilon, Oracle ZFS, Hitachi, etc
- Working experience with Linux, FreeBSD, or Solaris systems
- Experience with Media and Entertainment workflows
- Basic understanding of network routing, switching and network security principles
- Strong Knowledge of Network attached storage and access protocols, such as SMB and NFS
- Strong Knowledge of Storage Area networking, using Brocade or Cisco switches
- Ability to complete a project or task, with minimal supervision
- Experience managing vendor relationships