Storage EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 781595BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
The Storage Engineer is primarily responsible for providing data storage related services in the Enterprise Storage Services Team. This position will have initial responsibilities emphasizing data storage related services.
- Engineer, implement, and support storage solutions
- Document engineering solutions so that services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner
- Provide engineering and problem resolution support for critical issues
- Implement and support infrastructure to deliver systems and services with high availability and reliability
- Manage and coordinate work with other IT groups to deliver systems and services
- Understand and wide variety of systems and how they interact to provide a complete service to the customers and meet business needs.
- Manage multiple projects, balance, and prioritize work.
- Work with architects and management to engineer enhancements and optimize systems
- Being involved in the design and implementation of the storage strategy
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Work under general direction from IT management
- Domestic and International Travel approximately 20%
- Provide exceptional customer service to production and corporate end users
- 5+ years of prior similar duties and experience with SAN and NAS technologies
- Experience with management and administration of complex and heterogeneous environment.
- Strong knowledge of at least one Enterprise Storage Array such as Isilon, Oracle ZFS, Hitachi, etc.
- Working experience with Linux, FreeBSD, or Solaris systems
- Experience with Media and Entertainment workflows
- Basic understanding of network routing, switching and network security principles
- Strong Knowledge of Network attached storage and access protocols, such as SMB and NFS
- Strong Knowledge of Storage Area networking, using Brocade or Cisco switches
- Ability to complete a project or task, with minimal supervision
- Experience managing vendor relationships
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.