Story Artist, Moana Long-Form SeriesApply NowApply Later Job ID 848413BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Aug. 23, 2021
Join the MOANA Long-Form Series Team!
MOANA’s story continues as an epic musical long-form series event on Disney+ with all the cinematic beauty and emotional punch of the original film! We will follow the spirited voyager Moana as she heads out on a new epic adventure far beyond the reef to other islands, running into old friends and making new ones along the way. We are looking for passionate Story Artists to bring their unique voices and talents to the Moana Series filmmaking team.
What You’ll Do:
- Brainstorm ideas and develop visual Story sequences
- Bring your unique perspective and voice to contribute in Story discussions and pitches
- Collaborate with inclusion, curiosity and creativity alongside our films’ Directors, Heads of Story, and cross-departmental artists
- Convey the essence of story line, scene structure, and character building in alignment with the direction of a film
- Develop cinematography, staging and cutting of sequences
- Further the structure, clarity and theme of a film
- Maximize a scene’s entertainment value
- Pitch storyboard work to artists and filmmakers
- Work collaboratively with leaders and production management to meet the film’s deadlines
- Strong drawing skills, ability to work digitally preferred
- Sense of design, appeal, character acting and composition
- Ability to create emotion, humor, and action through continuity boards; emphasis in uniquely subtle, dramatic acting preferred
- Understanding of film structure, cinematic staging and cutting
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Professional experience in Feature Films, Streaming Content, Television Series, Comics, or Games as a Story Artist
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Website with sequences in slideshow format
- Video-sharing link (such as Youtube/Vimeo)
- A multipage PDF file, with each board as its own page so we can click through your sequences board by board (you can upload via a GoogleDrive link)
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.