Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Strategic Marketing Partnerships & Events Internships, Spring 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10023831 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC is home to some of the most innovative, engaging content across today’s media landscape. In working for ABC Entertainment Marketing, you will get a hands-on look into the inner workings of one of the elite marketing teams and learn how we effectively promote our portfolio of top-rated shows and ABC as a brand.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The ABC Strategic Partnerships & Events team plays a key role in promoting our shows and building the ABC brand. On this team, you’ll contribute to a wide range of marketing strategies and tactics that serve to drive awareness around key network programming. The team works to further business priorities and initiatives through managing ongoing relationships both internally across the network and externally with third party brands, corporate partners, distribution partners, studios, affiliates, etc. The team is also responsible for the development and execution of large-scale events, screenings and experiential marketing stunts and initiatives.
A Day in the Life …
The Intern, Strategic Partnerships & Events will be responsible for supporting all team members with a variety of projects as needed to help maximize partnership and promotional opportunities for the company. On this team, you’ll observe, participate and contribute to a wide range of marketing strategies and tactics that serve to drive awareness around key programming. This is a very fast paced, hands-on creative experience. The ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail is a must. Specifically, the candidate is a self-starter who has a passion for television and requires moderate oversight in performing his or her duties.
- Contribute to the development and execution of promotional campaigns with strategically-selected consumer brands including partner identification, competitive research, concept development, contact sheet management, pitch deck development, and recap decks/wrap reports
- Support the development and execution of large-scale live events (CMA Fest, Comic-Con, D23, etc.), screenings, and other experiential marketing initiatives and stunts
- Contribute to Diversity and Inclusion initiatives supporting the network’s multicultural audience engagement priorities
- Assist with the development of promotional premium items for events, gifting and stunts, ensuring that all items are on brand and adhere to company quality requirements
- Assemble marketing toolkits for key priorities and distribute to partners as needed (Hulu, cable affiliates, internal corporate partners, non-profit organizations, etc.)
- Administrative tasks as assigned (manage team invoices and budget sheets, input projects into internal project management system, SAP, data reporting, recaps and tracking, etc.)
- Share creative ideas for growth, efficiency and collaboration with team
What we are looking for…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Academic focus in a related field: Communications, English, Public Relations, etc.
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, Keynote, PowerPoint, Photoshop
- Proficiencies with both MAC and PC Operating Systems
- A strong interest in television, the entertainment industry, and partnerships/event marketing
- A passion for and knowledge of market trends, pop culture and current events
- Shows interest in diversity and inclusion and an eagerness to contribute to audience engagement initiatives
- A demonstrated high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Problem solver with positive, can do attitude
- Ability to take direction from multiple stakeholders, balance numerous projects simultaneously, prioritize deadlines and effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work long hours including some nights, weekends and holidays when needed
- Strong knowledge of ABC programming preferred as well as competitive landscape
- Strong knowledge of The Walt Disney Company and personal affinity for the brand desired
- Event planning and/or experience facilitating partnerships between brands a plus
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Participants must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- This is a hybrid internship. Candidate must also be able to provide their own housing and transportation to and from the Los Angeles, CA area. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.
- The candidate must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship. Preferably 9am-6pm PT .
- The approximate dates of this internship are January through June 2023.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.