Strategic Sourcing Specialist II, Production/Post-Production ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 704866BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
The Media Networks Strategic Sourcing & Procurement function has been established to support all of the Media Networks Sourcing & Procurement requirements and activities. In addition the team is responsible for supporting the segment’s and business units’ development and execution of category management strategies for Broadcast Technology and Services, Production Technology and Services, and Facilities and Construction Services and Support. The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team provides commercial support and insights to the numerous stakeholders across the Segments’ various businesses including; ABC Inc., ABC Studios, ABC Owned TV Group, Disney ABC Television Group, and ESPN. The team and works collaboratively with other TWDC S&P verticals in the areas of Professional Services, Marketing, IT, and Supply Chain Management.
Responsibilities:The Sourcing Specialist will be specifically responsible for developing, leading and partnering on a range of Stakeholder and Supplier Relationship Management strategies across the Media Networks Segment which align with the respective Business Units’ goals and objectives. Additionally, the Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing contractual arrangements with preferred suppliers across Broadcast and Production Services.
This position will primarily support the Segments’ west coast business unit operations, but will also help support other business units and projects within Media Networks as needed. In addition, The Sourcing Specialist will be a key contributor on the development and execution of Senior Management’s Annual Operating Plan and is accountable for creating, leading and partnering on sourcing initiatives that achieve value without compromising business strategy and performance.
It is essential that the specialist builds and maintains an extensive internal stakeholder network, as well as a solid external market network). Both internal and external relationships are critical for the development and execution of informed, innovative, best in class sourcing engagements, aligned with the stakeholders’ goals and objectives.
The individual is responsible for delivering the long term values and the shorter term P&L impact objectives set forth in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), in collaboration with the team.
- Develops long term Business Unit and Stakeholder strategies and plans
- Key contributor to development of and execution against Segment Annual Operating Plan
- Is accountable for the delivery of value as part of AOP
- When developing the plan, pro-actively involves stakeholders to ensure requirements are respected and local experience and knowledge is leveraged while ensuring the Category Strategies are applied locally
- Nurtures and develops relationships with key internal senior stakeholders, and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Leverage global scale and adhere to global categories where applicable
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Sourcing, focusing on the total value contribution
- Facilitates SRM opportunities with key suppliers in partnership with Senior Executive Sponsors
- Provide and lead Regional operational procurement services that provide low cost/best value to constituents while considering impact on operations, customers and competitors
- Evaluate total cost/supply chain management analyses to identify opportunities to reduce TCO
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
- Ensure consistent application of procurement processes across constituent groups
- Identify, develop and deploy best practice supplier management, procurement and supply chain practices
- Institutionalize procurement performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Ensure compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked and achieved
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Requires 3-5yrs. experience in sourcing and procurement of goods and services.
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with stakeholders from the Manager to SVP level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in sourcing category management
- Strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel functions such as pivot tables, lookups, data analysis, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience building business cases to influence change
- Ability to collaborate in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Internal customer focus
- Experience with SAP, Ariba or other ERP
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics processes and methodologies
- Experience defining, building, and implementing Category and Supplier Relationship Management strategies
- Experience in a Broadcast TV and/or Cable Industry
- Professional certification in I.S.M, Logistics, S.C.M. or similar
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, engineering or business required
- Graduate degree in business or another quantitative or technical discipline preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.