Strategy AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10015898 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment that is responsible for all content monetization and oversees the operations of the Company’s streaming services, including Disney+ (including Star and Disney+ Hotstar internationally), Hulu, and ESPN+ and domestic broadcast and cable television networks. DMED brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization, with the goal of expanding the footprint of Disney’s world-class content and beloved brands and delivering highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world. DMED works in close collaboration with Disney’s Studio, General Entertainment, and Sports content creation teams on programming and marketing for our distribution platforms.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Strategy (DMED Strategy) is a highly visible team of approximately fifteen professionals with backgrounds in investment banking, consulting, private equity, media & entertainment, and technology who serve as in-house advisers to the DMED segment’s executive leadership. The team’s activities and accomplishments have contributed to the growth and success of the DMED’s businesses. Examples of work the group has led recently include:
- Developing long-term financial plans and international expansion plans for TWDC’s suite of direct-to-consumer services (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+ Hotstar, Star+)
- Defining content investment and windowing strategies across Disney’s various media distribution outlets including theatrical films, linear networks, and direct-to-consumer
- Evaluating media/entertainment M&A opportunities and sports rights acquisitions
- Designing new tiering and packaging strategies for direct-to-consumer services
- Creating materials to lay out the segment’s strategy for the board of directors and investor community
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Assess critical new business development opportunities and growth strategies for the segment and create business plans for new ventures beyond our traditional and direct-to-consumer businesses
- Develop long range financial plans for the segment
- Analyze emerging media and entertainment trends worldwide
- Work with senior business unit executives to support the strategic development process
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance
- 1 -2 years of work experience at a top investment bank, management consulting firm, private equity firm, hedge fund, and/or strategy role in entertainment/media/technology
- Outstanding analytical capabilities and financial modeling skills, including highly advanced Excel skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, able to convey information concisely to a variety of audiences including senior business unit executives
- Enthusiasm for media, entertainment, sports, and technology
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.