Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Strategy & Business Affairs MBA Internship, WDT - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 726031BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 21, 2019
Walt Disney Television is the iconic collection of The Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) entertainment and news properties creating award-winning content across an impressive portfolio of television brands and businesses, including ABC Entertainment, ABC Studios, ABC News, the ABC Owned Television Stations Group, Freeform, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios, FX Networks and FX Productions, the Disney Channel networks and National Geographic Partners. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, WDT develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach with more than 250 programs each year reaching upward of 227 million households a month across multimedia platforms.
The ABC Entertainment Group Finance & Strategy team provides strategic thought leadership to shape the future of ABCE Entertainment, promote its long-term vision and maximize value across the organization. The team serves as project leaders, working with executives throughout the company to continually assess our growth, investment, product offering, advertising, and distribution strategies.
The Disney ABC Networks Group Business Affairs team is responsible for structuring, negotiating, managing, and advising on deals for the development and production of series and specials. The team works on behalf of ABC Entertainment, ABC Daytime, ABC Late Night, Freeform, and certain syndicated productions. The team partners closely with other Business Affairs and Legal Affairs members and members of Creative, Production, Production Finance, Programming, Acquisitions, Marketing, Brand Management, Business Development, and Digital Media.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
The intern will proactively support the Business Affairs and Strategy teams by performing research and analysis, along with supporting new and ongoing projects. Responsibilities could include:
- Assist in the creation of the Annual Operating Plan for ABC Entertainment, including building financial models and creating synthesized presentations for executive management
- Work on both deal and rights analyses for series and specials
- Prepare and review financials for series and specials
- Refine tracking process for ABCE series development
- Partner with key stakeholders to evaluate and assess new business ideas
- Assist in day-to-day production and deal issues, as well as marketing and sponsorships for late night programming
- Regularly monitor industry trends and interpret the potential implications for the business
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of relevant prior work experience (e.g., consulting, strategic planning, investment banking, financial analysis, business development, and/or consumer research)
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong analytics and financial modeling skills
- Effective at synthesizing information in a logical and concise manner with excellent attention to detail
- Able to create visually compelling presentations, including communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and capability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Prior experience in the media and entertainment industry preferred
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited MBA program and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited MBA program within the last six (6) months
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September for the 12 week program
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.