Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Studio Operations Finance Intern, Studio - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 697551BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 14, 2019
Who we are…
Studio Operations is focused on the execution and delivery of The Walt Disney Studio’s feature content. With shrinking timelines and increased complexity of deliverables, we strive to deliver more and faster, without decreasing quality, security or increasing overhead costs. Studio Operations Finance is focused on providing operational support to our business partners to ensure that they have the most efficient and cost effective workflows, as well as managing direct In Home and Mastering costs.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Supporting the budget, forecast, and actual reporting and planning process for Studio Operations
- Reviewing actual costs versus budget/forecast and performing variance analyses
- Developing and updating overhead allocation methodologies
- Assisting in the management of direct costs budgets, including Global Production and Programming, Global Print Basics, Domestic In Home COGS
- Creating monthly dashboards of key performance indicators
- Supporting the Operational team by providing SAP/PO account coding support
- Supporting various ad hoc projects: vendor RFP (request for proposal) analyses, analysis of vendor and rate card spend, identification of cost saving opportunities, identification of opportunities for process workflow improvements, documentation of current workflows, etc.
Basic Qualifications:What we’re looking for…
- Interest in the entertainment industry
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Strong project and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Working toward or recently graduated with a undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related
Additional Information:Program Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available part-time (20-24 hours per week) from September through December
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.