Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Studio Physical Production Intern (6-month), Spring 2018Apply Now Job ID 498964BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 11/22/2017
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings. We have an opening in our Live Action Motion Picture Production team in Physical Production. This person will interact with several departments (Finance, Legal, Creative, Post Production, VFX, Marketing, Franchise, Emerging Technology, Animal Sciences, etc.) in order to gain a broad understanding of Feature Film Production from the Studio Perspective.
- Assist Production Executives and Coordinators on roughly 20 films in various stages of Development, Prep, Production, and Post Production
- Cover other Executive desks as needed
- Read any and all available scripts
- Attend and help set up internal studio meetings and meetings with our productions
- Distribute and track Below the Line contracts
- Track and maintain International Stage Availability grid
- Act as a liaison between Payroll Accountants and Studio Production Executives in ensuring the ongoing studio approval of payroll documents
- Work on various Research and Development projects including creating set lists, script comparisons, pulling images, obtaining location packages from films commissions.
- Maintain digital files and assets on department server and online database
- Archive physical show files and assets
- Assist with the set up of new productions
- Screen Dailies
- Occasionally work as a production assistant on an in-town film, if available
- General office support (answer phones, print/copy, basic tech support)
- Assist in Post Production & VFX once a week (tracking and maintaining databases)
- Ability to take initiative while providing support
- Strong communcations skills
- Strong computer skills as projects may require spreadsheet, database and presentation skills.
- Understanding of office procedures, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- General understanding of film production and industry concepts and players, with an eagerness to learn
- Primary interest in a career in the field of live action production. (Producing, Basic Crafts, Visual Effects, Editorial, etc.)
Required EducationCurrent student or recent graduate (within 6 months) with a Film & Television Production major (or minor) with either some background in Film, Television, and/or Visual Effects.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full-time work availability (40 hours)
- Must provide own transportation to/from work. Position is located in Burbank, CA.