Studio Technology Program Manager
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 787636BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Job Summary:Our Studio Technology team is comprised of dedicated technologists supporting world class productions, developing the next generation of technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
The Walt Disney Studios is seeking a Program Manager to manage key strategic programs for Studio Technology, including a large scale, cross company program that is driving a portfolio of optimization and efficiency workstreams to support our content delivery pipeline. This role requires a strong strategic thinker, stakeholder manager, and facilitator and will sit within the Strategic Operations department of the Studio Technology organization.
- Ensure clear reporting of program status from the workstream leads and project managers, including timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, and issue identification for cross-company and cross-studio visibility and alignment
- Oversee the day-to-day operational aspects of program including scope, structure, status, and resourcing to ensure program success
- Collaborate with all businesses within technology and operational teams and stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment and engagement in key efficiency projects
- Create and maintain KPI dashboards and executive decks related to program metrics, value, and risks for key executive leadership across the company
- Manage and coach project managers and/or project coordinators
- Prioritize and escalate critical operational tasks, execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Assist in forecasting budget requirements; preparing an annual budget
- Assess and define efficiency and operational roadmaps with key deliverables and milestone dates to drive and expand key optimization programs
- Create workflow diagrams of Studio Technology processes and identify opportunities to streamline processes or improve efficiency
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Project Management, utilizing waterfall and agile methodology
- 2+ years of experience in Program Management, overseeing a portfolio of projects and leading project managers
- Strong experience in the Media & Entertainment industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing technical or operational teams in an entertainment environment
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills and effective team player
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project management tools, such as Google Suite, Smartsheet, Airtable, Jira
- Strong ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Ability to create KPI dashboards, workflow drawings and process maps
- Experience with supply chain efficiency programs, ideally in an entertainment environment
- Strong interest in the intersection of strategy, technology, operations, and entertainment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in science or engineering, or a related technical discipline
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.