SVP Business Affairs – ABC SignatureApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001842 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney General Entertainment Content (DGE), a global leader in the development, production and distribution of entertainment content, seeks a Senior Vice President of Business Affairs for its ABC Signature studio which specializes in programming for on-demand platforms, broadcast, and cable networks.
- Structure, negotiate, document, and manage the transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors), acquire underlying rights, and license the studio’s content on all broadcast, basic and pay cable, and on-demand platforms.
- Manage a team of business affairs executives to undertake all the foregoing.
- Provide strategic support and analysis to ABC Signature’s senior management in connection with the studio’s business operations.
- Bear responsibility to ensure that business transactions of the studio are managed and closed in a timely manner, within appropriate business and company parameters.
- Interface with the distribution arms of The Walt Disney Company in connection with the exploitation of ABC Signature’s content.
- Maintain budgetary oversight of assigned studio productions in collaboration with ABC Signature Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for the studio’s programming is achieved within appropriate business, legal and financial guidelines.
- Significant experience as an executive negotiating deals for scripted programming at a major US television studio or US television network/platform. The ideal candidate also would have meaningful DTC experience.
- Mastery of all aspects of above-the-line deal making, including participations.
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment and have a commitment to learning and excellence.
- Superior analytical and writing skills, coupled with strong business and financial acumen.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, inspire and develop a diverse staff.
- Exemplary track record as a skilled negotiator and deal maker.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven track record of sound business judgment.
- Extensive and meaningful relationships within the executive and creative ranks, and with the talent representatives, of the television industry.
- Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A J.D. from an accredited university.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.