Already applied?View Dashboard
SVP - Business AffairsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 618272BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Dec. 05, 2018
Job Summary:ABC STUDIOS, A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT, SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE TO HEAD THE BUSINESS AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT OF ITS ABC SIGNATURE STUDIOS DIVISION, WHICH SPECIALIZES IN PROGRAMMING FOR ON-DEMAND PLATFORMS AND CABLE NETWORKS.
- Structure, negotiate and document the studio’s transactions to engage above-the -line talent, acquire underlying rights, partner or co-produce the studio’s programming, license the studio’s content to end users, and to enter into any other transactions in furtherance of the foregoing.
- Manage a team of business affairs executives to undertake all of the foregoing.
- Provide strategic support and analysis to the Studio’s senior management in connection with all aspects of the Studio’s business operations.
- Bear ultimate responsibility to ensure that the business transactions of the studio are managed and closed timely, within appropriate business and company parameters.
- Interface with the distribution arms of The Walt Disney Company in connection with the exploitation of Studio content.
- Maintain budgetary oversight of the Studio’s productions in collaboration with Studio Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for the Studio’s programming is achieved within appropriate business, legal and financial guidelines.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a business affairs executive handling scripted programming for a major US television studio, or US television network/platform.
- Mastery of all aspects of above-the-line dealmaking, including participations.
- Must possess an ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment and have a commitment to learning and excellence.
- Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, inspire and develop a diverse staff.
- Exemplary track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-maker.
- Exceptional inter-personal communication skills.
- Proven track record of sound business judgment.
- Possess extensive meaningful relationships within the executive and creative ranks and with the talent representatives of the television industry.
- Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
Preferred Qualifications:CA bar membership
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.