Already applied?View Dashboard
SVP - Creative Marketing (ABC Entertainment)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 702113BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 06, 2019
Reporting to the EVP of ABC Entertainment Marketing, this individual will drive big picture creative concepts, brand vision and marketing strategies that embrace multiple platforms to engage and connect with ABC’s audience, and to position the network as a leader in the media landscape. This SVP will work side-by-side with the SVP Creative for comedy, unscripted, and live event content to oversee the On-Air Promotion/Creative, Branding & Design and Special Projects teams that support the ABC brand.
This individual must have a proven track record in managing the creative expression and marketing/digital marketing strategies of a leading brand and/or business. He/she must thrive on change, and inspire and motivate a multifunctional team with a management approach that embraces innovation, teamwork, collaboration and mentorship.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include oversight of: creative strategies, on-air promotions, off-air, digital and non-traditional marketing; cross-platform promotional strategies; and branding and design for dramas, late-night programming, and special projects. The work of this team must consistently deliver innovative marketing and creative solutions that are dynamic, efficient and support our quickly changing consumer landscape.
The individual will:
- Oversee all multi-platform creative and design (including but not limited to, on-air promotion, graphics, social media content, etc.), to drive tune-in, audience engagement and brand awareness.
- Empower, motivate and manage a high-performing team of 20-30 professionals. Be a creative visionary with the ability to inspire new thinking and energize teams to think beyond a :30 spot.
- Evolve the ABC brand by taking creative risks, nurturing disruptive ideas, and producing break-out creative for marketing campaigns.
- Supervise the development and execution of 360-degree marketing campaigns that support the content priorities, digital products, and platforms of ABC.
- Work closely with internal partners to continually be a leader with innovative, creative marketing ideas that will extend the brand on all platforms and ensure creative consistency across multiple platforms and business groups.
- Plan and manage the On Air/Off Air budgets of the department.
- Deep understanding of, and experience with the development of compelling on-air and off-air creative to drive tune-in, brand awareness and digital product and platform priorities.
- Significant professional experience in a leadership position overseeing a dynamic, diverse creative marketing team.
- Experience managing a team that produces and delivers a high volume of creative marketing assets, on time and on budget.
- Ability to develop forward-thinking marketing strategies to enhance the ABC brand position, deepen audience engagement and drive connection.
- A proven leader who motivates, inspires and drives progressive creative thinking.
- Collaborative management style and comfortable in navigating a matrixed organization.
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with business leaders and marketing colleagues across the company.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience managing creative and/or marketing budgets.
- Ability to work across functions and departments to achieve business goals.
- Familiarity with marketing planning, including paid media.
- Experience in managing a global brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing or a related field.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.