SVP, MusicApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744460BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
The SVP, Music will be responsible for leading all aspects of music production for Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, BlueSky and alternative content. This position will report into the EVP, Music.
- Leads music projects ranging in complexity through concept, pitch, production and release
- Sets strategic direction and standards for assigned productions ensuring they meet both the Studio and Films’ creative vision
- Resolves conflict, budget concerns, and music production challenges
- Responsible for identifying new and established music composers and performers
- Responsible for hiring and maintaining industry-leading key personnel for vendors and freelance positions on assigned shows.
- Consistently brings in content that meets the business objectives and strategies
- Influences and shapes the music content
- Prepares and pitches content to senior level internal and external execs and filmmakers for consideration
- Interacts and negotiates with executive management and filmmakers to convince and influence business strategies
- Builds and enhances vital, key external relationships and is seen as an influential leader in the industry
- Participates in and leads cross company projects, meetings and events
- A proven leader in setting direction for, and achieving objectives in a Music Executive capacity
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading projects independently in a Music Executive or related role within a studio or production environment
- Proven ability to successfully source and assess potential music concepts for production
- Solid knowledge of the film production process
- In-depth experience working with top Talent (composers, directors, producers, actors)
- Ability to access strong music content and marketability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with varied levels of mgmt., talent and staff.
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Understands the global and multicultural audience and how to adapt content to appeal to a wide audience
- Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution
- Experience with musicals preferred
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.