SVP - Programming & DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 779722BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Freeform Date posted May 06, 2021
- Oversee all original scripted (drama, comedy, and animation) series development for Freeform branded content.
- As a key member of Freeform’s senior team, help develop and execute the creative strategy as defined by the EVP of Programming & Development, to grow unique, compelling, and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Lead and manage, with a strong emphasis on fostering/nurturing the development and growth of, 5+ member scripted series development team.
- Oversee and manage the development budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with established talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, playwrights), identify up-and-coming talent, and actively pursue business with both groups.
- Self-generate, solicit, evaluate and develop ideas/concepts to make into scripted series.
- From a creative standpoint, oversee production of pilots to ensure the integrity of the creative vision.
- Provide ongoing guidance on key casting decisions.
- Partner with the Scheduling department on series launches, stunts and general programming needs.
- Collaborate with other Freeform departments on various issues (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.)
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated track record of developing commercially successful and/or critically acclaimed original scripted series.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with experience and/or strong interest in running and growing a dynamic team of rising executives.
- Strong communication skills with team members and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process.
- Knowledge of and interest in Freeform content and target demographic.
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and development skills.
- Self-motivation to develop new ideas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Freeform.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.