Synergy ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001563 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Synergy Manager reports to the Director, Synergy Partnership Programs. The Manager maintains an awareness of the strategic planning, project management and execution for key synergy priority campaigns. He/She is responsible for overseeing the development of synergy partnership programs including strategic planning, ideation, pitch presentations, asset management, trafficking, delivery, and retrieval of assets to various business units for support of the Disney Branded Television (Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD) and National Geographic network programming priorities. Additionally, he/she supports the Director on presentation materials and documents: Keynote and/or PowerPoint presentations, one-sheet documents, status grids, recaps, etc. He/She will work with both the Creative and Production teams to develop creative briefs and oversee specific synergy programs.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Partner with internal and external teams to develop all aspects of synergy campaigns supporting DMED Networks Synergy priorities, including: ideation, pitching, presentation, execution and troubleshooting with synergy partners and/or vendors
- Partner with internal and external teams to develop custom content to market synergy priorities to TWDC audiences, serving as the main liaison on plans, process, and project management
- Lead project management and tracking of assigned synergy partnership programs, providing reports and updates to Senior Leadership on a regular basis
- Oversee delivery, specs, timelines, and all other asset needs to TWDC LOBs, including documents, on-air creative, cross-channel promos, short form content, reels, and any daily one-off requests
- Collaborate with Director and Manager(s) on presentations and meeting preparation – including accurate project details, talking points, development of design, and relevant entertainment, business and/or digital/social media industry knowledge and research
- Prepare for and attend meetings, as requested, and create and distribute meeting agendas, notes or recaps, acting as a knowledgeable representative for the team on the planning of priority synergy campaigns and tactics; Communicate the status of all assigned synergy campaigns and projects to key stakeholders
- Forecast, measure and report results of synergy campaigns to leadership and TWDC LOBs as needed; Analyze and report performance of synergy campaigns to regularly identify best practices, areas for optimization and areas of improvement
- Cultivate and develop strong working relationships and partnership programs with TWDC LOBs, including Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Resorts, Media Networks (ESPN, ABC, OTV, Freeform, Hulu, FX), Disney Music Group, Disney Movie Insiders, D23, Enterprise Social Responsibility, Walt Disney Studios, Disney+, etc. which allows for more opportunity to support DMED Network priorities, information gathering and asset management
- Facilitate daily ad hoc requests from both internal departments: Marketing, Integrated Planning, Multi-Platform Strategy, Research, etc. as well as external LOBs and Synergy partners
- Oversee project management flow between internal and external teams, including, but not limited to processes for: contract requests, work orders, invoicing, legal clearances, creative briefs, grfx and creative asset management, social and digital scheduling, routing, approval and delivery processes
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, and change course of action quickly
- Positive can-do attitude with a strong proactive initiative to follow-through
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong ability to problem-solve business and creative challenges
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build professional relationships and collaborate with stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to navigate, create and/or implement new processes
- Solution oriented, creative, strategic thinker
- Organized and pays attention to detail
- Advanced experience with Keynote, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced communication skills, both oral and written – internal and external
- Experience with social media and social networking tools
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.