Systems Engineer - Studios
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 789269BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
Job Summary:From movie concept to film production, global film shoots to remote editorial artists. You will build and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We’re looking for passionate engineers who love everything tech and want to be a part of the teams that are critical to enabling a global film studio at an unimaginable scale. Doing things that no film studio has ever attempted, much less achieved.
You will be a part of the team that builds and maintains both well-established solutions while also developing and implementing the most advanced cutting-edge automation, workflows, and systems serving all aspects of Disney Studio productions.
Responsibilities:As a Systems Engineer on a Studio Engineering Operations team, your role will be to assist with engineering initiatives and projects. You will also be assisting our on-set global production technical teams with guidance, training, and front-line support assistance as needed. Your passion for engineering should be visible to your team, stakeholders, and in everything you do.
- Assisting with Engineering initiatives - both an individual project owner and as a resource to continue the momentum of top-priority projects
- Supporting the productions teams with technical guidance and assisting with higher level engineering expertise as well as occasional direct production support in the event critical issues arise
- A strong problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you do not have all the details; you are comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether it is product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more
- A collaborator. Ready to engage with other engineers and cross-functional teams inside Marvel and outside with the larger Disney organization and beyond
- Ready to contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber engineers
- Experience in operating systems and systems management (Linux, Windows Server, OSX)
- Experience working in fast-paced, complex, media production environments
- Self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of an exceptional delivery of innovative solutions
- Knowledge and experience in config management (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform)
- Knowledge of networking concepts and ability to troubleshoot common networking issues
- Knowledge and experience in systems monitoring, reporting, and logging systems (Zabbix, Grafana, Graylog)
- Knowledge and experience in virtual hosting technologies, virtualization, and containerization (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, Docker)
- Have at least one scripting language in your toolbox (Python, Powershell, Bash)
- Knowledge and experience in local and networked file sharing protocols (SMB, NFS, CIFS)
- Knowledge and experience in High-speed data transport applications (Aspera, Signiant)
- Datacenter, network, and application architectures and workflows as they pertain to Media Production
- High performance data storage solutions whether SAN, NAS, or Clustered (Isilon, PowerStore, Quantum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Required EducationBS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.