Systems Engineer, Technology Services and Systems Engineering
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 961519BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 10, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Job Summary:Walt Disney Studios has created one of the most powerful brand by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters. WDS have worked with their affiliates to redefine the movie-making process focusing on creativity, innovation and collaboration. At WDS, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
As part of the WDS Technology team you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment. We’re looking for a passionate individual who will provide front-line end-user support for WDS and it’s affiliates as a part of the Technical Services and System Engineering (TSaSE) team. You are a seasoned and experienced professional, preferably from a technical support environment associated with production or post production, able to comfortably oversee highly complex and high-end technical support teams. You’re able to multitask in a highly complex, diverse, production environment; able to quickly prioritize decisions given incomplete and conflicting knowledge. You are self-directed, being able to both manage and (re)prioritize the multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that, inevitably, occur when supporting production. You have strong analytical problem-solving skills; someone who is a team-building leader with good interpersonal, verbal and relationship building skills.
The TSaSE team works directly with the engineering and architecture teams to design, build, implement and support critical Production Systems and Applications. These systems and applications directly impact WDS ability to deliver the high-quality products through all stages of the movie making process. This position works to addresses a specialized competency vital to achieving this support effort by:
- Providing exceptional technical support for our internal applications/systems, implementing company technology initiatives, supporting special events like movie premiers, and working with clients to identify how technology can assist or improve their productivity.
- Acting as the clients advocate and acting as their voice when speaking to the various technology teams involved in support of WDS
- Ensuring all incidents, requests and issues are resolved or triaged and escalated to the correct teams for resolution. TSaSE is the tip of the spear when it comes to client engagement.
- Providing 24x7, global support to those specialized business and production functions that directly support various show-critical production operations including travel
- SME for Technical Services and Systems provided to Studio encompassing intimate knowledge of various groups as well as an understanding of applications used and specialized workflows.
- Assist in defining and documenting processes related to supporting the studio.
- Implement and standardize a monitoring program for desktop systems to provide a comprehensive view of the health of the environment.
- Work with other Segments and Departments to drive WDS Studios initiatives.
- Travel on location as needed in support of WDS productions
- Respond to user requests for hardware and software issues
- Route requests to appropriate teams or escalate to teams when required
- Communicate with users and senior management the status of issues
- Provide technical guidance to users across studio on new workflows or optimizing old ones
- Perform hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of infrastructure
- Troubleshoot all hardware associated with end-user computing, mobile devices, printers, workstations, switches, etc.
- Act as SME for assigned internal applications and workflows from implementation to delivery aligned with project management
- Oversee small to medium projects, providing status updates to upper management; drives timely results
- Implement continuous improvement methodology through the use of IT systems or procedure
- Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation, training users in complex topics, and interacting positively with upper management and executive staff
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Forward Thinking
- Charismatic Personality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years’ experience in desktop support and system administration in an production and/or enterprise environment
- Superior customer service focus as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in implementation, administration, and configuration management in Microsoft Windows Server, MDT, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Extensive knowledge in workflow automation for endpoint management using HCL BigFix for Windows and JAMF for macOS
- Knowledge and experience writing and maintaining automation scripts (Powershell, Python, Bash)
- Experience with SasS and IDP implementation
- Experience with network troubleshooting (LAN/WAN and VLAN)
- Experience managing Exchange in cloud-based and multi-tenancy environments
- Strong experience with technical writing, documentation and communication regarding workflows and runbooks
- Understanding of virtual environments (building, supporting, maintaining)
- Prior experience in a studio production environment strongly preferred
- Knowledge of FileMaker Pro, and other database tools
- Ability to lift 35-60 lbs, primarily computer equipment from floor to desk
- Flexible schedule to allow for immediate travel as needed
- This role is on-site
- Undergraduate degree (BS in Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.