Systems Infrastructure Engineering Internship, Studios - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 496669BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 03/21/2018
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios.
Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings
We currently have an opportunity for a Systems Engineering Intern to work in Solutions Delivery. The systems engineering team is responsible for providing managed, scalable solutions that can be used by a wide variety of groups within the Disney Studios ecosystem including Theatrical distribution,Consumer products, Music and Stage from a technical perspective.
A day in the life...
● Identifying and developing systems solutions to current business problems
● Working with APIs to calculate total cost of ownership of cloud services
● Creating milestones and deliverables and tracking status with team
● Participating in daily scrums and reviews with systems engineering teams
● Developing design documentation and leading reviews with other interns and engineers
● Delivering a final presentation to managers and engineers on the successes and challenges of their internship and the business value they have contributed
What you bring...
● Strong problem solving skills
● Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or Ruby)
● Experience in UNIX/Linux or Windows environments
● Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
● Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving abilities
Familiarity with Git, Agile Development, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud services, Docker, and CI/CD tools
Required EducationRising Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available to work full-time from either May - August or June - September 2018
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application