Systems Reliability Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 852273BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
From movie concept to film production. Global premiere to direct to consumer mobile applications. You will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We’re looking for passionate engineers who love Linux & contributing to opensource projects, intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, and are more comfortable in the shell as they are in an IDE. We operate as lean, agile, and self-sufficient teams. We value a cloud first approach where we develop infrastructure-as-code. Automation should always do the work. You will be part of the team that provides the cutting edge cloud, systems, and infrastructure-as-code for every Disney Studios engineering team.
● Define, create, architect and build high-quality systems
● Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams
● Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices
● Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber engineers
● Self healing infrastructure-as-code, and automate everything
● Security is embedded in our DNA
Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of innovative solutions
● System management languages (e.g. Chef, Terraform)
● Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, Ruby)
● Emerging containerization (e.g. Docker, Amazon EKS, Kubernetes)
● Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute)
● Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI)
● UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
● Passionate about ways to exploit technology and constantly learning
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Embodies a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering culture with continuous delivery, cloud and fully automated infrastructure as code
BS in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of experience or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.