Talent Development Coordinator (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10023641 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Animation Studios Talent Development Coordinator (PH) will support the execution of our next generation programs, studio onboarding, and school outreach efforts. The Coordinator will support the vision of the Talent Development and Recruitment team through the execution, facilitation and administration of key talent programs focused on how we engage with, develop, and inspire interested and incoming Animation talent.
● Support the team’s Talent Development and School Relations efforts through the coordination of programmed events, reviews, panels, presentations, and meet and greets
● Administer programming for Intern, Trainee and Apprentice classes including the production management of curriculum generation, creative reviews, and program logistics
● Coordinate school outreach efforts with college and university students and educators through the administration of developed outreach events, portfolio reviews and school visits
● Maintain and upkeep the WDAS school connectivity database and educator mailing list
● Project manage Talent Development engagement events both internally to the studio and externally with talent and industry partners
● Shepard presentation and reel/resume work approvals through project management and collaboration with the Recruitment, Outreach, Publicity, and Legal teams
● Handle all watermarking of Internship, Trainee and Apprentice assignments
● Heavy scheduling and a focus on logistic details with exceptional follow-through
● Act as central point of communication and connectivity for the Talent Development team
● Schedule, track, provide communication and help facilitate the orientation events for all new hires including orientation welcome, executive meet and greets, tours and events
● Act as a studio ambassador during Orientation, nextgen events and studio tours
● Create new ideas to enhance our candidate and new hire experience and our studio engagement
● Support Talent Development and Outreach initiatives throughout the year
● Other duties as needed
● Must be a strategic big picture thinker but possesses strong execution skills
● Must have the ability to work with all types of highly creative, artistic and technical disciplines with proven ability to deal with a variety of individuals, levels and situations in a professional environment
● Must lead with grace, confidence and empathy internally and externally
● Must be a people person
● Public speaking skills, poise and grace in all interactions
● Understanding of a creative environments and its effect on cultural and business values
● Has acted as an Ambassador and representative of a company's or studio’s cultural and business values
● Excellent organization skills
● Excellent attention to details and excels at follow-up
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
● Experience coordinating events and complex projects
● Strong problem-solving skills and the confidence to execute appropriate solutions
● Proficient with Word, Excel, Chrome, Keynote/PowerPoint, Google Suite, Zoom, and social media platforms. Added bonus if experienced in Constant Contact or other CRM tools
● Flexible and strong work ethic
● 1-3 Years in Talent Development, production, or related department Requirements
● A Bachelor's degree is preferred
● The ideal candidate for this position is mature, intelligent, responsible, creative, innovative, high energy self starter with Animation, film or other creative environment background
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.