Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Talent, Leadership Management & Diversity Grad Intern, Corp-Sum/Fa'19Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 623641BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 31, 2018
Job Summary:Our team is responsible for developing the future leaders of The Walt Disney Company. We are passionate about our role in making a strategic impact on the future of leadership, learning, performance management and diversity for our 6,000 Corporate employees worldwide. We remain on the cutting edge of Human Resources and value new opportunities to continue advancing our thinking.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
You will collaborate with team members and clients in determining the strategy, vision and execution of various initiatives in learning, diversity, inclusion, performance management, organizational development and leadership development. This is NOT the kind of internship where you will be asked to get the coffee, our graduate associates make a real impact on the success of our team.
No day ever looks the same, there is always something fun and exciting to get into. On Monday you may be supporting the roll-out of a new mentoring program. On Tuesday you may find yourself leading a focus group to better understand team dynamics. On Wednesday you may be supporting an employee-led diversity event. On Thursday you may be collecting information about high potential talent. On Friday you may be creating a business case for executive coaching in PowerPoint.
- Experience with Human Resources, Leadership Development, Diversity & Inclusion and/or Organizational Development
- Ability to be proactive, work independently and meet deadlines
- Highly competent in using PowerPoint to share data, tell stories and influence a broad audience
- Skilled at managing various stakeholders and balancing multiple priorities and expectations
- Proven leadership skills
- Confident personality, with the ability to take ownership and drive delivery when given direction
- Comfortable presenting information/public speaking
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous experience conducting market/industry research and sharing findings to gain insights, data and identify trends
- Ability to conduct public research and collect data in the marketplace
- Development and/or facilitation of learning programs
- Experience with video editing software
- Project management experience
- Focus on diversity and inclusion
- Currently a graduate student working on a graduate degree in the following areas: Human Resources, Leadership, Organizational Behavior or Organizational Development
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 30 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends or holidays
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles/Glendale/Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must have a 13 week interval between the completion of a one year Disney Professional Internship and the proposed start date if the candidate has completed 1 year of a Disney Professional internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.