Talent Solutions ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 788172BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 10, 2021
- Select, develop, move and retain talent to ensure critical business and leadership roles are staffed with high caliber diverse talent
- Identify and develop critical skills, capabilities and talent in order to achieve current and future business goals, including future change and disruption.
- Develop and manage processes, programs and communications to enable the Studios 4 pillars- People (supporting Studios employees to do their best work), Creative Excellence (focus on the creation of compelling, inclusive, relatable content for audiences around the world), Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (driving work toward the 6 company-wide D&I pillars), and Partnership (collaboration internally and externally to bring our IP to life, and to consumers)
- Build, manage and continuously improve strategies and solutions that attract, develop and retain key talent in collaboration with TWDC and Studio HR partners, inclusive of approaches such as:
- Identification of high-performing, high-potential talent to provide focus for development and retention efforts
- Facilitation of assessments in order to prepare development plans for key talent
- Onboarding and retention best practices to better enable business leaders and HR partners
- Development experiences for high-performing leaders
- Consult with HRBPs to develop talent strategies focused on current and forecasted Line of Business needs, influencing and managing across a set of diverse and complex businesses
- Manage data and technology systems associated with talent planning & prioritization in order
- Leverage workforce analytics and industry research to support Studio business and HR leaders with defining talent priorities
- Equip HRBPs with relevant tools / resources to integrate talent priorities into their day-to-day work
- Manage and continuously improve the Studio’s performance coaching (D Achieve) and talent / succession planning processes, including sustainment of and new initiatives to support quality conversations and a culture of career and feedback
- Partner with Diversity & Inclusion to integrate inclusion priorities into Studio and Line of Business talent strategies, practices and planning
- Collaborate with TWDC Talent Solutions to implement enterprise-wide talent strategies in alignment with Studio priorities
Basic Qualifications:This position acts as a consultant to the business and builds and executes solutions that align with the Studio’s unique business needs, culture, and objectives. The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen and experience in a combination of succession planning, talent development, performance management, culture and retention work, and change management as well as experience collaborating with HR partners to develop and implement solutions to business unit-wide priorities.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources, talent management, diversity and inclusion, organization development or related field
- Prior experience developing and implementing large-scale / business unit-wide talent/HR initiatives
- Proven experience leading cross-functional (HRBP, Learning, OD, Diversity, Compensation, etc) teams to design integrated talent management or HR strategies
- Knowledge and experience in using data and analytics to tell stories and influence leaders to take action and drive change
- Prior experience consulting and building community/best practice sharing across multi-faceted businesses (Core Studios vs Brands)
- Thinks strategically, synthesizes complex data and develops innovative solutions
- Understands industry standards, best practices, and trends related to talent management, and aligns approaches to work with Studio / Line of Business needs, cultures, and objectives
- Consults and influences senior-level business and HR executives and manages complex projects that cut across multiple business units including (but not limited to):
- Performance management
- Talent and succession planning
- High-potential talent development programs
- Organizes and facilitates high performing project teams (non-direct reports) to succeed in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks to achieve innovative approaches to work
- Embraces teamwork and builds interpersonal relationships with clients and colleagues
- Coaching certification preferred
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- MBA / Masters or PhD in a related degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.