Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Tax Intern (Part Time) - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 666642BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 10, 2019
Job Summary:Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
This position is in the Global Individual Tax Department within the Corporate Tax Department.
The Global Individual Tax group ensures tax compliance by Disney and its employees in jurisdictions throughout the world. The group supports the global workforce as employees travel domestically and internationally to complete cross-border work assignments.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
The intern will be part of a friendly, fast-paced team that creates tax strategies for Disney employees on domestic and international assignments and ensures tax compliance in a number of jurisdictions. Interns will communicate with Disney officials, American and foreign tax authorities, and outside accounting firms on a regular basis. Successful interns will have an eye for detail, a desire to learn, and enthusiasm to support a variety of projects.
The intern is primarily responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing and making tax payments to federal and state authorities in the United States and to foreign tax authorities on behalf of individual assignees.
- Maintaining and tracking a database of relocation assignees by country.
- Applying for social security certificates of coverage for individual assignees.
- Coordinating with an outside accounting firm with their invoices and payments.
- Assist on a variety of international tax projects.
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Strong organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Fast learner
- Ability to work well with others
- Superior Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external and internal partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelors undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- The approximate dates of this internship are September 2019 through December 2019.
- Candidate must be available to work part time/full time hours (approximately 20 hours per week) for the duration of the internship [Please share any specific requirements regarding the intern’s work schedule or availability]
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.