Senior Tax ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 865573BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 04, 2021
- Proofread presentation materials, license agreements, liquidation documents and other legal documents.
- Assist with preparation/drafting and execution of legal documents (mergers, liquidations, etc.).
- Cite check submissions to taxing authorities and research materials including checking status of case law and precedents.
- Perform basic research under counsel’s guidance.
- Assist team with legal entity liquidation process re document management.
- Assist team in managing professional services billing and tracking for large-scale TP projects.
- Maintain certain online TP and legal agreement databases in Share Point, including gathering new documentation, uploading this documentation to the database, updating meta-data in the system (for licensee, choice of law, termination provision summaries, etc.), and ensuring that the system remains current and functional in other respects.
- Assist with data gathering, project management, and administrative aspects of submissions to the tax authorities (such as the Internal Revenue Service) in transfer pricing and Transfer Pricing tax controversy matters (e.g., advance pricing agreements, filing of annual TP compliance documentation, country-by-country reporting, tax examinations, etc.). Manage Bates stamp process, summons responses, and compilation of research files prepared by attorneys.
- Assist with data gathering, project management, and administrative aspects of tax planning and corporate restructuring initiatives undertaken by the TP, Studio/DCPI, Media and Tax Counsel group.
- Manage and initial review of legal agreements for standard terms, choice of law, etc. received from the Corporate Secretary’s Office and Legal Subgroups for Tax Legal review and signature re affiliate agreements, leases, production activities, loan-out/vendor hires, and other corporate documents.
- Prior comparable experience for 3-5 years.
- Ability to liaison / build relationships with Tax and non-Tax cast members and those outside of Disney to facilitate delivery of services above.
- Bluebook, cite checking, and proofreading of legal documents.
- Drafting of legal documents under attorney supervision.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with Share Point and electronic Filing and storage using legal agreement meta data.
- Associate’s Degree. Paralegal certificate at point of hire or within 6 months.
- Paralegal certificate or within 6 months of placement in role.
- Law Degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.