Technical DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 733544BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 16, 2019
We are seeking Technical Directors for upcoming projects at our Burbank, CA studio.
- Provide support to our artists in a variety of areas including scripting and writing tools to facilitate the CG animation process
- Design and optimize processes and tools to fit production needs
- View production systems holistically and have the ability to visualize the larger pipeline while understanding the impact of their actions
- Act as a collaborator with the larger Technical Director department
- Active engagement with artistic and technical leadership in the ongoing evolution of the production process
- Become involved in mentoring apprentices and other Technical Directors in tools and processes
- Active engagement with the Technology Department in the research and development of new methodologies
- Involvement in the positive representation of Walt Disney Animation Studios in the larger filmmaking and computer graphics community
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent
- Strong scripting and programming skills including Python and C++
- Ability to write and apply innovative techniques and a deep understanding of production methodologies
- Software development experience on production systems
- Advanced Maya experience and in-depth knowledge of Linux
- Advanced experience with modern global illumination rendering a plus
- Solid understanding of node-based compositing packages (i.e. Shake, Nuke, or similar) a plus
- Understanding of visual effects and/or animation techniques
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, offer mentorship, and take direction from department and show leadership
- Understanding of environmental effects simulation techniques and Houdini a plus
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.