Technical Operations CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 662705BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 29, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Marvel is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This person will provide administrative and project management support for the entire department in anything from booking Stages, theatres, and conference rooms, to setting up drive ons, to updating workflow documents, our department website, and helping with creative briefs for localization. As well as assisting with tracking the status of various schedule and milestones.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- SCHEDULING ROOMS; Serve as our point person to book any Stage, Theatre, or Conference Room
- SCHEDULING MEETINGS: Coordinate all department meetings; schedule conference rooms as needed
- DRIVE ONS: In charge of submitting all drive ons for our department
- MANAGE SCHEDULES: Track and alert us of milestone dates using our new scheduling database
- DOCUMENT ASSISTANCE: Clean up, reformat, update workflow documents where either outdated or better efficiencies, or just clean up notes
- INVOICING: Review and submit invoices to VP, Technical Operations
- SCRIPT READS: Coordinating all script reads – NDAs are signed, script is printed, script notes are copied and then sent to them via 5th Kind
- HEARING IMPAIRED DESCRIPTIVE QC – CLOSED CAPTIONING: Assisted when needed
- EXPENSE REPORTS: Manage expense reports for the department
ORGANIZE AND MAINTAIN DIGITAL ASSETS
- Work closely with DAM team to properly archive content
- comic books, distro folder, etc.
- Create and edit the groups within Marvel Studios’ DAM
- Add and edit attributes such as creator, status, notes for assets to maintain current and accurate asset status.
PROVIDE FRONT LINE SUPPORT TO USERS OF DAM
- Provide front line support for issues with login, forgotten passwords, training and walkthrough for assisting users with inserting and accessing assets
- Administration of company and user accounts, permissions, and options within the system.
- Work closely with Director, Localization & Mastering to create and edit each creative brief for final
- Assist in distro once brief has been finalized
- Work closely with Director, Localization & Mastering to facilitate creation of the DCP China Version for CFG submission
- QC subtitled version, once the final lands
- Plan department outings and activities
- Manages facilities/office requests for the department
- ie. requests for equipment from IT, standing desks, cubicle arrangements, painting office space, etc…
- Experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Safari and Chrome required)
- Must be a capable multi-tasker
- Very strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with different groups of people from various departments.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily.
- Must be proactive and capable of using system and workflow knowledge to avoid issues before they disrupt workflow.
- High School diploma or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.