Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Technical Operations Intern, Marvel Studios – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 500159BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 02/12/2018
Be a part of something big…
Marvel Studios, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over 70 years.
ResponsibilitiesThe Technical Operations Intern will assist the Technical Operations team with digital asset management, mastering of archival files, and finishing work. The intern will gain valuable knowledge of our asset management systems and workflows. The job offers a great opportunity for exposure to the operational world of a film studio, including research and development, interacting with production and corporate departments, and seeing the completion of projects. This position will see how Production, Licensing, Marketing, and Home Entertainment digital files are organized and shared through our system, as well as the opportunity to assist in the Mastering and Finishing workflows.
Assist in the organization of digital assets within the DAM system:
· Work closely with Technical Operations team to receive, send and archive content.
Facilitate secure data transfers from the DAM system to internal and external sources:
· Apply appropriate watermarking, formats and codecs based on delivery requirements.
Follow up to ensure deliveries were completed successfully
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring…
· Experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows)
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Very strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with different groups of people from various departments.
· Attention to detail and organizational skills
· Must be proactive and capable of using system and workflow knowledge to avoid issues before they disrupt workflow.
Preferred QualificationsAlso a plus…
· Knowledge of AV such as codecs, aspect ratios and audio formats
· Experience working with digital media, including: transcoding video, manipulating media in programs like Photoshop and Final Cut.
· Familiar with various video and image formats including; TIF, PNG, JPEG, CR2, WMV, MOV, MP4, etc.
Required EducationWorking towards or recently completed an undergraduate degree in film studies, production, and computer science or related.
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time (40 hours per week) for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within the last six months at time of application.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer