Technical Program Manager (Project Hire)
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 767443BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 02, 2020
Job Summary:The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for managing enterprise-level programs and/or multiple projects within the Enterprise Strategic Programs portfolio. This individual will work closely with various project owners to define the project team and assign responsibilities. The Program Manager will also be responsible for developing a consolidated view of the program, and for program deliverables including calendars, cross-project dependencies, risk analysis, stakeholder coordination and regular communication of status.
Responsibilities:Primary responsibilities include guiding process development at a team level, managing high-risk, high-impact projects across a multi-disciplinary, multi-function group of technologists and business professionals. This requires experience communicating across audiences, effectively defining and utilizing escalation paths, and updating executive stakeholders.
The Program Manager works in a dynamic, collaborative environment and reports to an ESP Manager, Program Management.
This is a highly accountable role and the candidate must meet the following professional expectations:
- Program Management and Delivery
- Accountable for driving delivery of highly-complex programs from start to finish.
- Displays a high degree of competency in managing multiple projects and programs.
- Aligns and leads project teams to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Understands and executes a wide variety project management approaches, including standard SDLC and PM methodologies (waterfall, Agile / Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Delivers timely, effective, easily understandable, concise program deliverables including program roadmaps, governance plans and presentations, project calendars, cross-project dependencies, risks analyses and mitigation, key performance indicator (KPI), stakeholder coordination and status communication via multiple mediums.
- Assists in triage of other projects/programs and makes recommendations to senior-level leadership.
- Leads with practicality and wisdom in the midst of competing priorities and diverse personalities. Operates as a highly independent and dynamic program leader. Highly adept at influencing without direct authority.
- Successfully manages 3rd party vendors and contractors when required.
- Effectively uses range of communication tools (various social media tools, Slack, Backlot, Office 365, Confluence, IM, phone, email, VTC, and more)
- Ensures project document repositories are maintained and updated.
- Utilizes highly developed communication skills to achieve stated business outcomes.
- Effectively executes on the basics of program management communication. Communicates program objectives, status, risks and alternatives with senior stakeholders, leadership and executives.
- Ensures regular, effective communication happens with team members and cross-functional resources.
- Leadership / Guidance in Program Management Discipline
- Acts as a leader and subject matter expert in the program management discipline.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert and “go to” person for guidance.
- 7+ years of applicable experience in a technology environment, preferably for a large company. Demonstrated mastery and successful delivery of large-scale programs and projects.
- Proficiency with a wide range of technology tools, including communications software (social media, email, VTC…), standard Office tools, and project management tools as required
- Experience with project planning tools and methods, including expert use of Excel, Smartsheet and Project
- Projects related to IAM - Identity and Access Management
Required EducationB.S. or B.A. in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
Additional Information:This position is a Project Hire role.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.