Technical Program Manager - Studios
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 795670BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
Job Summary:Our Studio Technology team is comprised of dedicated technologists supporting world-class productions, developing the next generation of technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
The Walt Disney Studios is seeking a Program Manager to manage a portfolio of technology implementation projects supporting our theatrical and live-action productions. Our technology projects can span across our Media Systems, Post-Productions, data center, Network Engineering, storage, cloud application, and system reliability teams. This is a highly client-facing role where you will need to be comfortable navigating and understanding a wide range of tech stacks in partnership with architects and engineers. You will need to understand the world of our technologists to achieve tactical execution of work plans to the larger organization and technology strategic objectives.
- Partner with management teams and program/project managers to define, measure, and meet defined KPIs for their portfolios including velocity, completion of planned work, and management of overhead.
- Partner with management teams and program/project managers to manage project budgets for capital expenditures. Address potential overages through quarterly forecasting and budget re-planning in partnership with management teams and Finance.
- Ensure clear reporting of project status from the project management team including timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, and issue identification to program management and stakeholders
- Oversee the day-to-day operational aspects of projects including scope, schedule, allocating resources for the technology team (e.g., IT Infrastructure Engineering, Software Development, Desktop / Operations Support)
- Create and maintain KPI dashboards related to program metrics via MS Power BI
- Manage and coach project managers and/or project coordinators
- Prioritize and escalate critical software engineering and operational tasks, execute project work plans, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Drive quarterly portfolio planning with technical and functional teams in order to rationalize the project inventory that delivers the highest value outcomes (aligned to the capacity of the delivery and support organizations)
- Assist in forecasting budget requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances (on a quarterly basis)
- Work with senior leadership and other program management leads to assess and define technology roadmaps with key deliverables and milestone dates
- Create workflow diagrams of production technology processes and identify opportunities to streamline processes, improve efficiency and establish repeatable, scalable best-practices
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Project Management, utilizing waterfall and agile methodology
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of projects and leading project managers
- Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing technical operations teams (i.e., IT systems, storage & networking engineers)
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Good meeting facilitation skills and effective team player
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project management tools, such as Smartsheet & Jira
- Strong ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to create KPI dashboards, workflow drawings and process maps
- Previous experience working in a Feature Production environment
- PMP Certified
- Certified ScrumMaster
Required EducationBachelor’s degree, preferably in science or engineering, or a related technical discipline and/or relevant work experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.