Project Manager (Project Hire)
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 778679BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 26, 2021
Job Summary:***This is a project hire position for up to 2 years from date of hire***
The Customer Relationship Management team is responsible for creating and cultivating direct-to-consumer relationships with The Walt Disney Company’s most strategic customer segment. It does so by managing the Disney’s Co-branded credit card business which is both an operating unit as well as a cross-business unit loyalty program.
This project hire position sits within the Business Solutions team and is responsible for project managing complex technology initiatives that include operational and marketing components. This role requires project experience that includes platform migrations, API integrations, systems engineering, data mapping and reporting. Experience with payment processing initiatives is helpful.
Candidate must have strong organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to drive work forward across multiple cross-functional teams, and the ability to understand and synthesize technical information for business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be able to
- Get up to speed quickly with regard to overall project scope and requirements
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external project stakeholders, including technical, digital, compliance, and operations partners
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external partner project manager
- Manage concurrent projects in a disciplined and organized manner
- Solve problems with an appropriate level of urgency
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Recognize potential risks and escalate them to management
Responsibilities:The Project Manager will be responsible for managing two critical technology initiatives: one that involves modernizing our Disney Rewards redemption processes and the other to migrate to a new digital instant credit platform. In both cases, the PM will need to coordinate closely with a Chase PM as well as with cross-functional teams across TWDC to organize and drive the work forward.
The PM will be responsible for developing and executing against detailed project plans to ensure key milestones are met and that each project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop and maintain detailed project timelines in coordination with internal and external partners, identifying key points of intersection for different stakeholder groups
- Facilitate project meetings, monitor and drive progress against project deliverables, help develop agendas and meeting decks, document meeting notes, maintain key project documentation (e.g. open items logs, Gantt charts, project plans, etc.)
- Identify key technology stakeholders needed to complete tasks and equip them with appropriate context and details regarding objectives
- Develop tools/methodology to organize and drive work forward
- Assist project team in ensuring that functional design supports business objectives and applicable guidelines
- Provide input to budget; monitor and refresh forecasts
- Maintain clear and accurate records of project-related work, e.g. key project and design documents, timelines, sign-offs
Basic Qualifications:3-5 years technical project management experience in an environment that involves working with cross-functional teams and requires process mapping and documentation.
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a busy business environment with strong attention to details
- Ability and willingness to adapt to shifting priorities
- PMP certification preferred
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Credit Card Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Credit Card Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.