Technical Project Manager - Studios
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 790332BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios is a leader in the industry that brings memorable, life-changing stories to the world through Disney Motion Picture Productions, Marvel Studios, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures, and Lucasfilm. The incredible movies, shows, and characters that have come to life on the big screen and in our homes are thoroughly embedded in minds and cultures all across the globe. From the Marvel Cinematic Universe, reinvented live action classics, multi-film franchises, and Oscar winning films, the aforementioned studios have redefined the movie and series making by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At The Walt Disney Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds, and stories.
As part of the team, you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists supporting these world class productions, developing the next generation of production technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for a project manager to oversee the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure of a variety of projects and initiatives. You’ll be supporting the day to day operational aspects of supporting feature production and asset management projects across all banners and will play the critical role of implementing key initiatives for production groups within the Technology team.
- Lead operational and growth initiatives from end-to-end, including gathering requirements and defining scope, schedule and resourcing for the technology team (e.g., IT Infrastructure Engineering, Desktop Support)
- Ensure clear reporting of project status from project management team including: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status and issue identification to program management and stakeholders
- Prioritize and escalate critical operational tasks, execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Work with program management to assess and define technology roadmaps with key deliverables and milestone dates
- Maintain KPI dashboards related to program metrics via MS Power BI
- Apply analytics and critical thinking to identify team inefficiencies and risk areas, and implement projects or processes to streamline and improve operations
- 3 to 7 years of experience in Technical Project Management, utilizing waterfall and agile methodology
- Experience within a production environment.
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing teams to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience in managing technical operations teams (i.e., IT hardware engineers)
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Good meeting facilitation skills and effective team player
- Understanding of software programming/development
- Experience with project management tools, such as Smartsheet or MS Project
- Strong ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
- Strong written and oral communications skills
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.