Technical Support Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 972720BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted May. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides WDAS with high-quality support and services, focusing on consistent and efficient support through communication, customer engagement, and professional service. Primarily a first response position, other tasks and services include software installation, telecommuting support, collaboration with other technology teams, and exploring process improvements to proactively solve problems.
- Provide Help Desk/Service Center style support, monitoring all inbound technical support requests, calls/tickets for the studio
- Use a consolidated, studio-wide Help Desk process that provides speedy resolution of problems, and allows for efficient routing of challenging issues to the appropriate team
- Collaborate with other technology teams as needed to determine the best solution to challenging issues
- Provide services for onboarding and tech training for new hires
- Assist in creation and socialization of self-help and online training methods, including shared documentation and video training to enable users to easily solve their own challenges
- Work with leadership to continually improve tech support procedures and policies and recommend process improvements.
- Help to define how end-user support should be coordinated, delivered, standardized and communicated
- Support a wide array of software, both internally-developed and third party
- Support multiple hardware and operating system platforms including Mac, Linux, iOS and Windows, as well as related software & accessories
- Support general tech hardware, ie: workstations, laptops, printers, displays, tablets, etc
- Maintain a flexible schedule including possible night or weekend work
- Minimum 2 years experience with technical support or user support, preferably in a production setting
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX, iOS and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Linux desktop
- Familiarity with ticket tracking, tech support tools, documentation platforms and diagnostic systems
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain desktop/laptop computers and mobile devices
- Familiarity with software packages used in the animation or VFX industries such as Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Proficiency with productivity applications such as OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, GMail, and overall Google Administration
- Ability to diagnose and potentially repair or replace computer system components (storage media/drives, graphics/GPU cards, memory modules, fans, etc.)
- Ability to provide individual user training on workflows, script/tool usage, mobile device usage, as well as production and studio procedures
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Highly self-directed. Manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that inevitably occur when supporting a highly complex, and diverse production environment
- Hands-on experience with Linux administration
- Strong Macintosh/Windows system administration skills
- Administration of tracking and configuration management systems such as Jira/Jira Service Desk, Jenkins, Puppet and Airwatch (MDM)
- Familiarity with web development such as HTML5 or CGI scripts
- Familiarity with CG Animation, VFX, or video game production environments & common pipelines
- Familiarity with common systems tools and protocols (BIOS,DNS/DHCP, LDAP, Active Directory, Zabbix)
- Knowledge of remote desktop technologies such as PCoIP and RGS
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technical field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.